Saturday 18 May 2013

Raging Sreesanth raises social media storm over Kohli-Gambhir spat

India and Rajasthan Royals fast bowler Sreesanth on Friday vented his frustration over a media report that compared Thursday's spat between Virat Kohli and Gautam Gambhir with what reportedly took place on April 26, 2008.

Sreesanth made a series of revelations on the 2008 incident on his twitter page today, creating a fresh controversy in the IPL.
 
Sreesanth, who was reportedly slapped by Harbhajan Singh during the inaugural season of the IPL, five years ago, claimed he was never actually slapped but elbowed in the incident in which Harbhajan Singh ''completely lost his control".
 
''Bhajji never slapped me... all I did is play the game the way I had all my life... he lost it badly... being the captain of MUMBAI he Lost it,'' tweets Sreesanth.
 
The Royals bowler's remarks came following an ugly confrontation between Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir and his Royal Challengers counterpart Virat Kohli, during a match in Bangalore yesterday.
 
It was an incident that took everyone by surprise as Gambhir and Kohli have not only played together for the country but also for their state side Delhi, North Zone and same office side ONGC.
 
Sreesanth said it was 'disgusting' that everyone still blamed him for the 'slapgate' incident and urged people to watch the video to know the 'real truth'.
 
Disgusting… Every one blaming me Nd always writing and talking about slap gate?? it really s**#s... the truth is in the video ... which is with ipl... that's all I can say... u should get hold of the video... then u will know the truth... what he did was completely out of control, he wrote in a series of expletives-laden tweets.
 
Sreesanth also alleged that the entire incident was planned.
 
''I want the world to c it... When I went to shake hands after the match... he lost it... he had already planned to hit me (elbow me) all his anger, '' he added.
 
Sreesanth said he did not want Bhajji to feel bad about the incident but wanted the world to know the truth as he kept getting compared with whenever something bad happened in the cricketing world or the IPL.
 
''I don't want Bhajji to feel bad now... I need to tell the truth to the world what happened was bad... And all media ??? It's not my fault at all... Nd I keep getting compared to all this... whenever anything bad happens in IPL or cricket match... crazy," he tweeted.
 
Sreesanth alleged that he was forced to say that he was at fault for the incident.
 
"I was asked to say tht... it was my fault too... I was asked… that's the truth...it was never my fault... it's sad.really sad
"It s gonna happen.may be he(Bhajji got provoked too)no idea .why he did tht..but let me clear again ..tht was not a slapgate issue," he asserted.
 
Sreesanth said he was in fact warned of such an incident happening during the tournament.
 
"I got emotional only coz..tht incident was planned by few Nd few knew about it and warned me too but I never thought It's just tht ..it's sad to c .the media still talking about it..really feels bad..slap,thappad,,,???really..it's not wht u all know," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Popular Posts